CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT INFORMATION
- Describe the management of complex valvular heart diseases
- Identify the treatment options of patients with left main disease
- Identify the different aspects of cardio-oncology
- Discuss the surgical approaches to patients with aortic dissection
- Identify the origins and approaches of healthcare disparities
- Describe the current landscape in treatment options for Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation
- Recognize the indications and real-world data for Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) closure
- Recognize the importance of imaging in patient assessment prior to LAA closure
- Appreciate the importance of the Multidisciplinary Heart Team in the process of Shared Decision Making (SDM) and optimal patient experience
- Describe long term complications of ACHD patients
- Discuss the management of complex congenital heart diseases
- Identify surgical complications in ACHD
- Describe the Fontan procedure and Fontan Associated Liver Diseases
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team involved in the collaborative care of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Integrate a team-based approach in the care of patients with cardiovascular disease
This conference is intended for physicians, physician assistants, and other members of the healthcare team interested in the management of cardiovascular disease.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by MedStar Health and South Atlantic Cardiovascular Society. MedStar Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 24.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
MedStar Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MedStar Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 24.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with