About the Chairman
SACS is excited to have Chairman Vinod Thourani back for 2021, along with Co-Chair Jorge Alegria.
ABOUT OUR CHAIRMAN
Piedmont Heart Institute, Atlanta, GA.
The SACS 2020 Steering Committee Chair is Atlanta-based Vinod H. Thourani, MD. He is the Bernie Marcus Chief of the Department Cardiovascular Surgery for Piedmont Healthcare and the Marcus Heart Valve Center. Dr. Thourani is a national cardiovascular thought leader with an expertise in minimally invasive and transcatheter valvular disease.
Dr. Thourani has been active with SACS for over ten years and this is the second time he has served as Chairman. He is active in numerous professional cardiac surgery and cardiology organizations and has authored over 500 articles in a variety of prestigious medical journals.
- He is currently the President of the Southern Thoracic Surgical Association and the President of the International Heart Valve Society.
- He serves on the board of trustees of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery as Vice-President and he is on Board of Directors of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- He is the co-chair of the 100th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery for 2020.
- He is on the Surgeons Council of the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association.
- He is the principal national investigator of five clinical trials on surgical and transcatheter valve surgery and is on the executive committee of four other valve-related national trials.
Dr. Thourani’s passion for advancements in cardiac care and providing optimal care for patients with a multi-disciplinary approach shape the 2021 SACS agenda, making it a “not to be missed” program for cardiac care. professionals throughout the Southeast.
Invitation from the Chairman to come soon!